The mountains are calling!
“You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss
The day takes on a sense of anticipation when you get ready for a family journey into the mountains. No matter how long the drive is, it’s like another world up there.
New Limited Edition fabric as fresh as mountain air
Inspired by the crests of distant snow-covered peaks, we’re happy to introduce the Mountain Mélange Limited Edition. The exclusive fabric mirrors the muted hues of rocks and mist. Complementing the misty blue-grey tones, a reflective piping edges the seat and a distinctive mountain graphic brings a touch of the Scandinavia to your car interior.
Let the journey be your goal
At its very heart, Scandinavian nature has a pure, fresh crispness that simply draws you outdoors – from the waterfront to the mountain tops.
Think of everything you can see and explore when you head out there on a new adventure with your family. While your journey might have a cabin as its destination, it’s also all about the journey and the experiences you have along the way.
Your little passenger in the backseat will enjoy observing the changing landscape. As the road winds higher, talk to them about the different trees they see and how the mountain peaks are getting closer. Have the colours changed since they saw them from a distance this morning? What animals and birds have they noticed?
Tips for the perfect trip to the mountains
- Remember to take breaks along the way – stop every hour to refresh and explore the new scenery
- Relish little moments like stopping beside a mountain stream to skip stones across the water
- Think up small incentives to keep your child alert and interested: ‘at the next stop, let’s make our mark to show that we’ve been here’ – you can find a beautiful small stone to put on a stone pyramid, a Norwegian tradition
- Sing songs about the mountains or driving
- Play a game of ‘eye spy’ to test each other about what you’re seeing along the way
And when you reach the top, your ultimate reward will be stretched out before you. Breathe in the clean, fresh air and feel the calmness wash over you as you enjoy the moment together. Getting to your mountain getaway isn’t just another family road trip – it’s a whole new way of seeing things as you explore life together.