Clever tips for a tidy family car
As a parent, you know how easily your children get dirty. Once it’s raining or snowy, it seems like your children (and everything they wear) become mud magnets. Unfortunately, this means your car interior wears the dirt too.
Some days, keeping your children clean feels like a never-ending battle. Here are some simple tips that might help you at least protect your car from their mess!
Cover it up!
During the wet months, your child car seats will take even more of a beating than usual. Kids put their hands, feet (and sometimes their mouths) on EVERYTHING. You can’t always clean them down before getting in the car so, the simplest solution is to protect the child seat with removable, washable covers. After all, it’s so much easier to clean a cover than a whole seat. As an added extra, BeSafe Child Seat covers have installation tabs to make it easy to fit the covers onto seats.
Protect your car interior
The best way to protect the car’s interior from those muddy shoes is to use a protective cover. Our BeSafe Tablet and Seat Cover is a great long-term accessory for your car because it can be used for both rear and forward facing car seats. Once you move your child into a forward facing booster seat, the bottom part of the cover will even protect the vehicle seat in front from muddy shoes and kicking feet.Besides protecting the vehicle seats, the Tablet and Seat Cover also keeps tablets free from dirt by having an extremely sturdy and water-resistant tablet pocket, that still allows you to use the touch-screen of the tablet.
Top tips for a cleaner family car
It’s inevitable that you’ll have spills and mess – that’s just part of life with kids! The other certainty is that you won’t always have time to clean the car. If you follow some of these tips, you’ll save yourself a big clean-up job later:
- Keep disposable rubbish bags in the car and get the older kids to clean up after themselves at the end of the trip.
- Baby wipes are ideal for wiping sticky hands and faces and cleaning up small messes. They’re also great for wiping down the dashboard and car interior (or cleaning bird poo off the windscreen!).
- Pack a spare outfit – when you have kids, it’s never a bad idea to have a change of clothes handy!
- Good quality floor mats that you can remove, clean and vacuum will ensure your car floor is protected from mud and mess.
- Keep spare towels in the car, either to dry wet kids or clean up bigger messes.
- Besides protecting the vehicle seats, the Tablet and Seat Cover also keeps tablets free from dirt by having an extremely sturdy and water-resistant tablet pocket, that still allows you to use the touch-screen of the tablet.
Safety first = jackets off in the car!
While BeSafe accessories are equipped with covers to protect them from dirt, your children don’t need those extra layers in the car. In fact, wearing a jacket in the car can be unsafe. It keeps them cosy and warm outside, but a thick jacket prevents you from tightening the car seat harness close enough to their upper body. Read more about why this is dangerous and how you can keep your child warm in the car in other ways.Wishing you lots of family fun, inside and outdoors during the muddy season. And remember, the dirt will wash off but their happy memories of playing in the mud will last a lifetime!